I’d like to make a note about something I’ve heard a couple of times now, and I’d like to clarify. This is with regards to the Name of our Elohim.
Here is what I believe:
- I use the Hebrew word Elohim, in stead of the English God, because Elohim’s true meaning is closer to Mighty One, which I feel is a better representation of our Father. Further more, the word “God” in english might have some connections to paganism, which negatively impacts the meaning of the word for me. If someone says: “I believe in god”, which god do they mean? There are many gods.
- I believe in the Elohim of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.
- I believe His name, as is written in Exodus, is “I AM THAT I AM”.
- The Hebrew tetagramation of this Name, is “YHWH” or “YHVH”.
- I believe that nobody knows 100% how to pronounce His Name, due to the fact that Hebrew does not have vowels.
- I believe that there are a number of “best guesses” with regards to His Name, and they are (amongst others):
- YaHuWaH (YaH-oo-VaH)
- YaHUAH (YaH-oo-aH)
- And in English, they pronounce it as Jehovah, or Jaweh.
- I believe in a divine Messiah, fully man and fully EL.
- His name is Yeshua, or Yahoshua (or in English, Jesus).
What do I not believe?
- I do not believe that if you call our Savior and Messiah, Jesus Christ, you are worshiping another god and you are on your way to hell.
- I do not believe that if you call our Father “God” or “Lord”, you are missing it, and are going to hell.
I am not dogmatic about the pronunciation of His name, nor of it’s spelling. And I do not believe we should be. Calling our Father, YaHuWaH, and our Savior, Yeshua, is a preference of mine, and does in no way influence my salvation, nor anybody else’s salvation.
The above is my viewpoint on the matter, as YHWH has revealed to me at this time. I believe it to be truth.