This is an open letter to my family and friends. Pretty much, everyone who knew me before I started walking this road, and everyone who knew my wife, before she started walking this road with me. For everyone else, there will be much in this letter that you can relate to, and hopefully even learn from.
My dear family and friends.
Let me start off by stating what I believe in, and what I do not believe in. This goes for myself and my wife, Liza.
I do not believe:
- that I am better than you
- that I deserve salvation while you do not
- that I worship another God than you do
- that I’m doing these things in order to attain salvation
- that I have it all figured out, or know it all
- that I have no need of a Saviour
- that, if you do not call Father by His name, YHWH, or Jesus by His name, Yeshua, or use other hebrew words, that you are doomed and on your way to hell
I do believe:
- that Yeshua (Jesus) died for my sins on the cross
- that I am a hopeless sinner and fully deserving of the worst punishment I can get (hell)
- that I am saved by grace, by believing in Elohim (God)
- in the Elohim of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob
- in Father, Son and Spirit, and that all these are merely different manifestations of the same Father
- that Jesus’ name in the first century was Yehoshua, or the shortened version, Yeshua, but that this by no means makes any difference to one’s salvation. This is merely a preference of mine.
- that our Father’s name is the “tetagramation” YHWH, pronounced Yehovah or Yahovah, or Yahweh. Again, this doesn’t change anything with regards to your salvation. This is a preference of mine.
- that the Law of Elohim (the Torah, the 613 instructions written down by Moses) is still in effect, and that we are still required to live by them, even today. This is the primary difference in what I believe, vs what you believe.
- that I am Israel, by adoption into the Kingdom of Elohim. I do not believe that I am part of the church, but that I am part of the nation of people that Elohim chose, and that these people are still His people, even today. I believe you to be a part of this nation as well, if you are a true believer in the Elohim of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, and in His son, Messiah Yeshua.
- that, being Israel, is not the same as being a Jew. Jews are from the Southern Kingdom of Judah, which is Judah and Benjamin, and some Levites only. Israel, either refers to the northern Kingdom (the other 10 tribes), or the whole nation, the 12 tribes of Israel, the sons of Jacob.
- that all true believers will soon believe that Torah is still a requirement set in place by Father, and that we will start to see His wisdom in His Torah.
- that we are in the last days, the very cusp of the end of time, and the end of the world as we know it. We are about to enter into the seventh day, the millennial reign, when Messiah will sit on the throne of David, and rule the nations with an iron sceptre.
- in the restoration of all things. I believe that Father is restoring his Torah to the nations, during this end times (Acts 3:21). I believe that there are a lot of things involved in this restoration of all things, and that these are being restored in our time (for example, the restoration of His commands, His Name, the full plan of salvation, the nation of Israel not being put away, even the Hebrew language, etc.)
- that we are called to be witnesses of Father’s word, as per Ezekiel 33:7-9, and to spread the truth to those who do not know it. We are called to warn our brothers and spread the word to the nations.
- that the biggest problem in christianity today, is that we follow the commandments and traditions of men, and not scripture. My aim, and belief, is to only follow scripture, and stop following the commands and traditions of men (Mark 7:1-22, emphasis on verses 8 and 13)
- that the whole bible is true, and directly applicable to our lives today.
I’d like to reiterate that I do not believe that I am in any way better than you. I have not forsaken Yeshua, not am I serving or worshipping another Elohim, even though my beliefs are strange, and I call God by a different name than you do.
I, like you, am a sinner. I am not perfect. I deserve hell, and it has been grace only, given by our Father in heaven, that I was able to find this road, which I believe with all my heart, is the truth that was meant to be revealed at the end.
Dan 12:4 “But you, Dani’ĕl, hide the words, and seal the book until the time of the end. Many shall diligently search and knowledge shall increase.”
Many of you will find what I say strange, perhaps even false. However, please understand that, what I am speaking of is, in its simplest form, merely obedience to our Father in heaven, after we have received salvation. This is the fruit that I bear, as evidence, or proof of my salvation. Many of you believe the same, that we must bear fruit after salvation. Most of you believe that, if you do not bear fruit, you are cut down, as a tree that doesn’t bear fruit, and cast into the fire. I believe the same. The only difference is in what we believe that fruit to be. I believe that fruit to be observing, or rather, pursuing, the Torah as a lifestyle.
I would love to talk to you a bit about this, and if you have any questions, you are free to ask. While we may not agree about everything, we still stay family and friends, and we still love the same Father.